- Wash and wax your car regularly: Allowing dirt and dust to sit on the car will not only make it look bad, but also cause the paint to be chipped on the outside. Moreover, scratches and rust on the car will become a common occurrence. Washing and waxing the car inside out will help in keeping it in a pristine condition. Your car will shine, look fresh and new.
- Don’t ignore minor repairs: It is possible that you may issue minor problems in your car. These could be a loose steering, or a delay in cooling of the car. You may also receive minor dents or scratches. They may not affect driving through, but certainly ruin your car’s appearance. Such issues may seem little, but when ignored, they can turn into bigger ones. So no matter how minor the issue is, visit a car service centre & repair workshop immediately.
- Change engine coolant: Keeping the engine cool while the car is running is important. This work is done by an engine coolant, which is made up of ethylene or propylene glycol and water. Over the time, it deteriorates, becomes more acidic, and loses its rust-inhibiting properties. This causes corrosion, which in turn, damages the radiator, radiator cap, hoses, water pump, the vehicle heater system, and other components of the cooling system. So, it’s important to replace the engine coolant and flush the radiator at regular intervals.
- Regular service and maintenance: To extend the life of your vehicle, regular service and maintenance from a trusted garage like Motormechs Auto Zone, Pune is important. Doing so will improve the efficiency of your vehicle, and also enhance its safety features. Moreover, you can get the useful suggestions from the technicians on how to save fuel cost, what are the useful features for your car, when to claim your car insurance, etc.
- Rotate tires: Tires do a lot for your vehicle than simply rolling it on the road. When they are inflated adequately, they can even add a few kilometers to your car’s mileage. But being constantly in touch with the surface of the road makes them prone to wear and tear. This is why rotating them after a few thousand kilometers or as per your car’s manual is important. Mostly, you’ve to change tiers diagonally, which means, the front right tier will go to the rear left and front left to the rear right.
- Driveway inspections: It’s a good habit to inspect your car manually every fortnight or once in a month. It will hardly take a few minutes to see if the tiers are inflated well, are not wearing out, the headlights and indicators are working or not, the level of fluids is okay or not. When you notice any problems with any one of the tiers, replace it. Don’t the same for faulty headlights, indicators, etc.
- Drive wisely & carefully: How you drive has a deep connection with the lifespan of your car. Don’t consider your car as a racing toy and try to satiate your cravings for speed and thrill. Speeding up will add an extra burden on the car’s engine, hamper mileage, and also cause a collision. Also, stopping and starting your car abruptly, pushing the brakes when driving on steep roads will put undue pressure on the car’s parts.
Following these tips and car service and maintenance schedule regularly can help in extending the life of your vehicle. If you have any doubts on how to tend to minor repairs, visit Motormechs Auto Zone, Pune. Not only you will get a professional service for your car repair and maintenance works, but also lots of recommendations to enhance your driving comfort and safety.